Struggling with an alcohol abuse problem can be difficult to overcome for many people. One of the things that hinders people from quitting alcohol is they fear the withdrawal period. In fact, they may wonder — what do alcohol withdrawal symptoms look like? This is an important question to ask. Knowing the signs of alcohol withdrawal will help prepare you for the detox process. As you get ready to participate in treatment at a Bay Area alcohol rehab center, let’s take a look at what you can expect.
Do You Need Alcohol Rehab?
Before considering the answer to — what do alcohol withdrawal symptoms look like, you may be wondering whether you truly need an alcohol rehab program. People with alcohol use disorder will definitely benefit from a detox facility.
What are the signs that you may have alcohol use disorder? Some of the signs of alcohol addiction include:
- Difficulty cutting back on drinking
- Things in your life are suffering due to the drinking (friendships, marriage, or other relationships)
- Engaging in risky behavior
- Your mind is consumed with drinking
- You’ve had some blackouts and hangovers
- Drinking 3 or more drinks if you’re a woman or 4 or drinks if you’re a man daily
- Inability to keep up with life’s responsibilities
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when you’ve gone about 12 hours without a drink
- Wanting to drink in the morning
- You sometimes drink and drive
- Feel ashamed about your drinking
Dealing with the signs of alcohol addiction are hard to face for anyone, but when you try to stop you run into a whole new set of problems — withdrawal. In order to make it through the withdrawal process, it’s critical to have professional assistance from a San Franciso alcohol detox center.
What Do Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms Look Like?
The signs of alcohol withdrawal may vary from person to person. Things such as how long you’ve been drinking and how much you’ve typically drank will factor into the withdrawal effects.
Therefore, the withdrawal process may range from mild to severe. Some of the signs of alcohol withdrawal include:
- Trembling or shaking
- Anxiety and restlessness
- Nausea or other stomach upset
- Sweating and flushed skin
- Loss of appetite
- Confusion and disorientation
- Seizures (possible)
- Hallucinations (in severe cases)
- Agitation and moodiness
- Cravings for drink
- Heart palpitations
Some people experience extremely serious symptoms when they abruptly quit drinking. You should never attempt to do this on your own.
Next Steps At An Alcohol Detox Center Program
Your first step in finding hope for alcohol use disorder is to reach out to a reputable CA alcohol rehab program. Once you connect with a quality center, an alcohol intake coordinator will begin the admissions process and you can begin to heal.
As you continue your journey to sobriety, you will be exposed to quality therapies that help you get to the root of your addiction issues. In addition, you will be able to detox safely as you are surrounded by experienced therapists.
These experts are familiar with dealing with alcohol addiction and will make sure you find the path to a bright tomorrow.
When you connect with an intake specialist, they will explain the various addiction treatment programs with you. Some of these programs include:
- Medical detox treatment program
- Residential treatment program
- Partial hospitalization rehab program
- Intensive inpatient treatment program
Do not let alcohol ruin your happiness and peace of mind. Now that you know the answer to — what do alcohol withdrawal symptoms look like, you can move forward to a brighter future and overcome your addiction. Get in touch with an alcohol detox center today.